A lasting tribute
At St. Matthew’s, you will find thousands upon thousands of memorials, from simple inscriptions to ornate sculptures. Each one tells a unique story – a story of love, a story of loss, a story that says, “We will always remember you.”
While other cemeteries often restrict your choices to standard “cookie cutter” monuments or flat square or rectangular markers, St. Matthew’s is a garden cemetery, designed around the beauty of our natural landscape. We encourage you to add your personal touch, and create a beautiful memorial that reflects your life. We do require that materials used outdoors must obviously be durable and weather-resistant, as well as conform to other policies available at the St. Matthew’s office.
Here are just a few of the memorials that people have chosen at St. Matthew’s:
- A traditional stone, in nearly any size or shape, either rising above ground or at lawn level
- A white marble U.S. Government memorial tablet for veterans in our Field of Valor®
- A bronze plaque
- A favorite plant or tree
- A flower garden
- A stone bench
- An engraved stone in our Veterans Plaza or Emergency Services Plaza
Please be advised there is a concrete foundation fee for all memorials, and for upright memorials there will be a one-time maintenance fee. Also:
- Colorization on any memorial is prohibited.
- Urns affixed to monuments are not allowed without a trust fund.
Note: The type of memorial allowed is dependent on the size, location, and memorial designation of the lot.
To learn more about memorial options, please call one of our Family Service Representatives at (716) 822-1960, or email email@example.com.